The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) – the organizer of NAB Show – affirmed that the 2020 NAB Show is set to take place as planned, during April 18th – 22nd in Las Vegas. The association is closely monitoring COVID-19, commonly known as Coronavirus, and is prepared to devote whatever resources necessary to ensure a safe and productive NAB Show experience.
Recent months have seen China and many other countries around the world being paralyzed by the COVID-19. The virus was first reported from Wuhan, China, on the 31st December 2019 and China still remains the most seriously affected country. The virus, however, managed to spread to many other countries and as a result, international trade shows started to get cancelled. One of them is related to our industry, the CP+ Show in Japan. (The Mobile Phone World Congress in Barcelona, which was set to take place during February, was also cancelled).
Although there are few confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the USA, NAB show will take place as planned. The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB), the organizer of NAB Show, has issued a press release recently – here is the full text:
NAB Show is the premier event driving the evolution of media and entertainment. It is an engine for commerce and a critical launchpad for products and services expected to revolutionize the business. The convention’s 1,600 exhibitors and 90,000 attendees rely on the annual NAB Show to raise their profile and meet business goals.
While the NAB stands firm in its commitment to hold the convention as planned, the health and safety of attendees and participants are NAB’s top priority. To that end, NAB is dedicated to providing rapid responses and assistance in support of the global NAB Show community’s participation plans. The event management team has launched a COVID-19 resource page on the NAB Show website, where updates will be provided.
Currently, NAB is:
- Adhering to all guidance and recommended safety measures issued by the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as state and local health organizations.
- Working with the Las Vegas Convention Center, the airport authority, and area hotels and resorts to coordinate appropriate safety procedures.
- Following CDC recommendations and protocols for heightened levels of cleanliness at event facilities.
- Making accommodations and actively encouraging attendees to take common-sense precautions and follow CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of illness.
- Ensuring medical care is readily accessible to address immediate health concerns.
- Working with China-based exhibitors and registered attendees to evaluate options for those unable to attend due to travel restrictions. Of note, NAB Show attendance from China, although growing, represented less than 2 percent of total registered attendees in 2019.
NAB is taking COVID-19 very seriously and is fully invested and prepared to host a successful NAB Show in Las Vegas. The city of Las Vegas is maintaining rigorous cleanliness and safety standards throughout public spaces, resorts and meeting facilities, and hosts successful trade events daily. Meanwhile, NAB Show has experienced an uptick in exhibit sales, attendee registration and hotel bookings in recent weeks, and conference program speakers are confirmed daily.
Like in past years, cinema5D’s team will be present at this year’s NAB show. Stay tuned for news and fresh video content from the show floor!
Are you planning to attend NAB 2020 in Las Vegas? Let us know in the comments below the article.